Skip to main content

Edwin Thompson


We came across these articles about Edwin P Thompson, formerly of Canaan CT, who went missing out of Pittsfield MA. We couldn't find him listed on missing persons sites so reached out to relatives to see about getting him registered with NamUs. (see below for update)


The family ran into some barriers with providing the information NamUs needed to list Edwin so turned it back over to us. 


Task one: find out what police department took the original missing person report on him. 

July 28, 2018: I left Pittsfield Det. Kim Bertelli a message explaining the case. I also sent a message about the situation to the Pittsfield PD's Facebook page.

August 11, 2018:  Called and left another voicemail for Det. Bertelli. Received a call back from Det. Bertelli who referred me to her Captain- Patrick Barry. Left a voicemail for Captain Barry, Detective Bureau Commander.

September 1, 2018: Nothing from Captain Barry.

October 4, 2018: Not a word from anyone.

November 1, 2018: Called the State Police Barracks Cheshire County. Edwin is not in their database. They directed me to keep calling Pittsfield PD until someone responds. Called the Pittsfield PD. The woman who answered told me that Capt Barry is no longer employed there. I asked how long he has been gone. She said several years. I said I'm not sure I can believe that as one of the detectives referred me to him in August re. a missing person's query. She said she couldn't explain that and put me through to Det. Bertelli. I left Det. Bertelli a voicemail.She called back a day or two later and left me a message, I called her back twice and left messages. One of these days...

July 15, 2019. Not a word. This is what families run into when trying to get loved ones listed as missing. Can you imagine?



Comments

  1. Out of the box comment on this missing person from CT.
    I see a strong resemblance between this person Edwin Thompson and a younger, clean cut photo if Rasmussen (the Allentown case)

    I believe there is also a connection to them both being in the Navy for 2 years.

    A coincidence?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, just one of those things that catch your eye, I think. Edwin is definitely a separate individual.

      Delete

Post a Comment