Skip to main content

Tanya Michelle Williams


While looking through old newspaper articles for vanished children who could be connected to the Allenstown case, I came across this article about little Tanya Michelle Williams missing out of Mount Hermon, Texas in June of 1983. Tanya was not listed in any of the databases as still being missing but I could not find any articles that stated that she had been found, either. Using an obituary I found for a family member, I tracked down an aunt of Tanya's who informed me that her niece had never been found.  I also spoke with the sheriff, now elderly, who had headed up the investigation. He told me that several years after she went missing, a tip was phoned in regarding her whereabouts. (More on that later!) 




Tanya's case file had disappeared over the years but with the new information, it was clear to me that the first thing that needed to happen was that she be officially listed as missing. I went to Texas in April 2018 for Missing in North Texas Day where Tanya's aunt and I got her registered with NamUs which then led to her being listed with the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children. She is also now listed with the Charley Project. 

Because of the story we heard from the old sheriff, we have wondered if there could be a connection between Tanya's case and the 1983 Texas case involving another curly-haired little girl, Desiree Carroll.

There will be more to come on the Williams case and it's an insane back story. Supposedly the Texas Rangers are investigating but time has passed and we may need to jump start things by going to the media.


~~~~~~~~


Another story I came across in the old newspapers was that of Christie Davis (Christi Davis?) (Christy Davis?)a 2 year old missing out of Ocala FL in 1973. Like Tanya Williams, Christie was also not listed as missing in NamUs or NCMEC. I contacted the Ocala PD and the Marion County Sheriff's Office on May 1, 2018 to learn more but their computer systems only go back to 1982/83. I spoke with a Sgt. Mike Mongeluzzo who said he would follow up on it and initiate a NamUs case for Christi. 











Comments

  1. Hello, I am looking for a real family and I do not have any information about my identity. On September 7, 1983, at the age of one and a half, I was handed over to the Shiraz orphanage by the Iranian police. Impossible but it may belong to my childhood, please show my photo to Tanya's family, thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for posting. Where would I locate a photo of you and learn more details about your situation?

      Delete
    2. Hi, this is my email address, if you want to send me a message to reply, thank you
      Tyahsany@gmail.com

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Am I to understand that Oak Hill Research has posted the article regarding Tanya Michelle Williams? If so, this may be a long shot, but, I have come across a documentary that two college students filmed in Tn. that is about some people that had come up missing and one little girl that showed up in 1988 approx. 6/7 years old and no one ever claimed her. I have looked back and forth at photos in the documentary and compared them to the photos of Tanya Williams at the time that she came up missing. Like I said, it is a long shot but, if you are interested in looking into this the documentary, it is called "Howards Mill". I located it on Tubi Tv. It is almost a 2 hour film with a lot of twists and turns regarding people that quickly came up missing and this one little girl showed up and no one ever claimed her. It is a VERY interesting documentary. Thank you for your time. V.R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I’ll check that out. What happened to the unclaimed child?

      Delete
    2. Married now and ironically to a Williams.

      Delete
    3. Hi, I could not find this document when I searched, does it have a link?

      Delete
    4. I am able to go directly to it by google search.. TUBITV.com Howard's Mill (2021)

      Delete
  3. Howard's Mill is a mockumentary- not a true story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look in all the ads and websites, I am the only one similar to Tanya who has all the details, and I think you are not looking for her at all, because you will not find anything other than me ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I had heard that you did not follow through with law enforcement about doing DNA?

      Delete
  5. Hello friends, good morning, I think this photo belongs to my child and my stepmother confirms it, all the specifications match me, even the date of birth and the date of disappearance, I just can not contact the family of this child because no There are no specifications and I am Iran
    If anyone has information about the relatives or parents of this child, please give me the name of his parents Oliver and Beverly Michelle Williams and it was time to get lost in the center of Texas, thank you very much 🙏🙏🙏
    https://instagram.com/ghazal.j62?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Contacting family is not the step to take. According to the Center for Missing and Exploited Children: "ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT
      1-800-843-5678Shelby County Sheriff's Office (Texas) 1-936-598-5601."

      Delete
  6. I am interested in the phone tip you mentioned. Do you know if the family gave DNA? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tanya's family has DNA in the system.

      Delete
    2. What system is the DNA in?

      Delete
    3. CODIS, NamUs, GEDMatch, Family Tree DNA, My Heritage, Ancestry, Living DNA

      Delete
  7. Has Anonymous given DNA?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment